Manages the day-to-day operations of assigned area(s) to ensure support of the mission, goals, and objectives of assigned area(s) and MHealth Fairview Health Services.
- Utilizes critical thinking in problem solving,
- Serves as a role model for staff.
- Manages change using a planned, orderly approach.
- Demonstrates ability to implement problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to staff.
- Incorporates research findings in planning activities for assigned area(s).
Responsible for human resources management for assigned area(s) to achieve quality service and positive employee relations.
- Implements and communicates Human Resources policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Selects top talent, matching organizational needs with appropriate skill sets
- Conducts timely employee performance appraisals.
- Uses corrective discipline in accordance with applicable policy or union contract to mitigate workplace behavior problems for employees
- Selects qualified employees for employment according to Human Resources policy.
- Monitors employee overtime, absenteeism and takes appropriate action to identify and correct issues.
- Provides oversight and ensures completion of training for employees, including orientation, in-services and competency validation as required by regulatory agencies, department and unit standards for employees
- Plans and approves unit staff hour schedules according to pre-established parameters.
Responsible for effective fiscal management of assigned area(s) to ensure proper utilization of financial resources.
- Develops and/or provides input into budget for assigned area(s) according to established procedures.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels as evidenced by budgetary analysis and/or unit indicators.
- Investigates and suggests alternatives to the established budget based on cost effective use of resources.
- Utilizes financial resources within an established budget. Seeks approval for variances as needed.
- Pursues cost savings and method for revenue generation within area and responsibility and/or recommends savings for other areas.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of budgeted supplies and equipment that meets the demands of assigned area(s).
- Educates patient care team members on financial implications of patient care decisions.
Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates the quality improvement program for the department.
- Ensures development of a written plan that identifies measurable elements (indicators) of quality.
- Ensures that a process for collecting, monitoring and reporting quality data exists for assigned area.
- Ensures that there is a plan for correction of negative conditions that have been determined by collection of quality data on assigned area.
- Communicates quality data and to seeks out opportunities to improve patient care and ensures understanding of the data and its importance.
- Incorporates incident reports, patient questionnaires and statements, and physician comments into quality process.
- Provides a written report as requested to the appropriate director. The report summarizes identified problems, actions, and results to improve patient care.
Develops and maintains a healthy, supportive work environment, demonstrating behaviors consistent with MHealth Fairview committments
- Exemplifies excellent customer relations in interactions with patients, visitors, physicians, and employees.
- Continuously builds customer understanding by listening to customers.
- Anticipates customer needs, including those with different cultural needs and desires.
- Takes action to meet and exceed the needs of all customer groups.
- Continuously implements strategies to improve customer satisfaction.
- Models appreciation and acceptance of differences.
- Provides a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Continuously takes action to enhance employee engagement.
- Build credibility with medical staff as a champion for patient care and quality