Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1853, HealthEast St. Joseph's Hospital in downtown St. Paul is proud to hold the distinction as Minnesota's first hospital. Although much has changed in health care since the hospital's early days, the practice of providing high quality, compassionate care remains constant.
From technology to education, family support and spirituality to community outreach, our commitment is to ensure our patients always receive high quality, compassionate care. Our staff surgeries are performed in our 11 state-of-the-art OR’s featuring upgraded integration platform.
Up to a $7,500 sign on bonus!
Review case cart to ensure necessary equipment is available for case.
* Scrub-in to sterile field and set-up instrumentation for case.
* Assists the surgeon by passing instruments during procedure.
* Assists with OR room turnover between cases.
* Gathers OR equipment and positioning devices as needed, cleans and returns to storage locations.
* Counts instruments at the completion to ensure all items are accounted for.
* Ensures specimens are correctly identified prior to sending to laboratory for testing.
* Verifies medications are accurately measured and labeled.
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
Trade or Vocational Certification
Basic Life Support
Prior OR experience (can be student experience)
CST required within 90 days of hire