Located in East St Paul, M Health Fariview EMS (Formally Healthest Medical Transportion) offers emergency medical services for a changing, technology-driven world. We are a Twin Cities leader in emergency and scheduled transportation. Our headquarters was built in 2010 in partnership with the St. Paul Port Authority. We have been successfully meeting the needs of our community for more than 134 years. We support our community by providing more than 30,000 calls annually. Our ambulance teams are staffed by some of the most experienced paramedics and EMTs in the region, helping to make M Health Fairview EMS a leader in Minnesota for emergency and non-emergency ambulance service.
We are currently hiring for our Fairview Northern Region
At M Health Fairview, we offer:
Minneapolis- with 22 lakes in the city limits alone, Minneapolis combines a lush green environment with cosmopolitan sophistication. Music, theater and world-class art, history and culture museums thrive here alongside abundant sports and recreation opportunities. Sidewalk dining, abundant shopping, educational excellence and economic vitality combine to make Minneapolis an attractive city in which to live and work.
Provide ALS/BLS transport care to patients. Responds to 911 medical emergencies to sustain life at the scene and transport to a medical facility until care is assumed by a physician. Provides inter-facility emergent and non-emergent transports.
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Responds to and provides appropriate on scene medical care to patients during 911 medical emergencies, medical facility transports and non-emergent transports.
* Provides effective and accurate communication with patients, families, physicians and other members of the care team.
* Actively participate in creating and implementing improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality and an excellent patient experience.
* Perform and have knowledge of ACLS, Disaster Management, AHA CPR and HAZ-MAT Awareness.
* Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with program standards, department policies/procedures.
* Remains in good standing with the HEMT office of the Medical Director.
Assessment, Planning, Evaluation: Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings. Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes. Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change.
Computer Skills: Basic ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, epic EHR, etc.).
Crisis Intervention: Ability to identify, assess, understand, and cope with a serious situation, especially from the moment it first occurs to the point that recovery procedures start.
Critical Thinking: Gathers and integrates critical information, recognizing and addressing underlying assumptions of others, to arrive at effective solutions; breaks down problems into simple tasks or activities; analyzes relationships among several parts of a situation.
Patient Education: Provides patient educational information appropriate to the developmental level, learning needs, readiness, cultural values, and beliefs of patients and families.
Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
Safe Medication Administration: Administers medications following policies using procedures that assure the highest level of safety all times for all populations.
Treatment Planning: Identifies expected outcomes and develops individualized treatment plan of care.
Trade or Vocational Certification
Certified Paramedic, current with the EMSRB and NREMT.
State and National Certification